I grew up on German pancakes. When I was little, I didn't like eggs so my Dad would make German pancakes for me as a way to "get my eggs" in. His recipe was a little different than this, but this ones a lot easier and perfect for our small family of 2.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Butter two 9-inch cake pans well.
- Put eggs in blender container, cover and process at “stir” until light yellow in color.
- Push “mix” button, remove cover and add remaining ingredients; process until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake 20 minutes; then reduce heat to 350°F and bake 10 minutes. Slide onto hot plates.
These are traditionally served with lemon slices, powdered sugar and butter. We use anything from regular maple syrup to lemon butter.
Recipe from Smitten Kitchen