- 2/3 C. Sugar
- 1/3 C. Soft Shortening
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Sour Milk or Buttermilk**
- 1 C. Mashed Bananas
- 2 C. Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 C. Chopped Nuts
- Thoroughly mix sugar, shortening, and eggs.
- Stir in sour milk or buttermilk and mashed bananas.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add to wet mixture.
- Add in the chopped nuts.
- Pour into well greased loaf pans and fill half way.
- Let stand 20 mins before baking
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 60 mins (large loaf pan), 45 mins (small loaf pan).
- Tester should come out clean when placed into center of loaf.
- Turn baked bread in pan upside down to cool on cooling rack.
** Note: to make sour milk, mix 1 C. milk with 1 Tbsp. of white vinegar.