Popovers are God's perfect vehicle for butter.
- 4 cups milk
- 8 eggs
- 3 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Position a rack in the center of an oven, place 2 mini or regular-size popover pans in the oven and preheat to 375°F. Let the pans preheat while you make the batter.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the eggs, flour, butter,salt and milk on medium speed until just blended, then beat the batter for 1 minute.
- Using oven mitts, remove the popover pans from the oven and spray the cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide the batter among the cups and bake until the popovers are puffed and golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe from Deborah Landfear.