Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 3/4 cup Crisco
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cup oats, uncooked
- 1-2 cup raisins
- (optional: nuts, chocolate chips, coconut)
- Beat shortening, sugars, egg, water and vanilla together 'til creamy.
- Add flour, salt and soda to creamed mixture;
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in oatmeal and optionals.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes
Recipe from Carol Ceraso and Quaker Oats Package.