- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg yolks, sour cream, white sugar, vanilla and whiskey until smooth. Stir in flour until dough is stiff enough to knead. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth. Knead in additional flour if necessary. Divide dough into 3 or 4 pieces and roll each ball on floured surface. Cut into strips about 3 inches long then make a slit long ways down the middle. Pull one of the ends through like a bow.
- Place into hot oil and deep fry until golden brown. Let drain on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Found by Melanie on allrecipes.com
My Dad used to make these when I was younger. While I have yet to find the family recipe, I tried this recipe this year and it is fantastic.