Fresh Tomato Sauce (Soogo)
Recipe from Buscia Ceraso
- Fresh tomatoes, 5-6 med-lge. size; cut in 6-8 wedges or large cubes
- Onion, chopped, 1 med-lge.
- Garlic, 1 clove, chopped
- Spices: oregano, basil, bay leaf, salt
- Brown onion and garlic in small amount of grease or olive oil in large fry pan.
- Add tomatoes and mix well; bring to a boil.
- Add seasonings.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat for 1 to 1 ½ hrs. Stir frequently.
- If sauce boils down too much, add a little water (about 1 c. or less) at a time.
- Serve over pasta (regular or angel hair).