This recipe is a nice healthy alternative to the usual salsa and chips and it yields a ton!
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of black eyed peas
- 1 can of white shoe peg corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup of celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of white cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- In a pain, mix the sugar, vegetable oil, vinegar, water, salt and pepper together. Bring to a boil over medium/medium-high heat. Stir frequently.
- Cool slightly and pour over beans and chopped vegetables.
- Place in refrigerator and marinate overnight.
- Serve with chips. Drain some of the liquid before serving.
Recipe passed down from Carol Ceraso