- 1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 can dulce de leche (13.4 oz), usually available in the Mexican aisle of supermarkets
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Pillsbury pie crust ready to bake (usually available in a pack of two in the refrigerated section of the grocery store)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place pie crust in 9-inch pie pan. Use a fork to poke some holes in bottom. Place in oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until the crust begins to look cooked and starts to puff up. Remove from oven.
- Mix together all other ingredients until smooth.
- Pour mixture into par-baked pie shell and return to oven for approximately 40 minutes. Filling will be slightly jiggly when removed, but it should be dark brown and burnished looking.
Recipe originally posted at http://heavytable.com/beccas-dulce-de-pumpkin-pie/